Friday, April 6, 2012

Niagara Falls and Oh Canada Eh.


 Yesterday we went to Niagara Falls. What an amazing, majestic sight.  Soooooo beautiful.  We started on one side and walked a long time trying to get to the other side.  I just couldn't walk anymore.  I think I have a pinched sciatic nerve.  Anyway, my hip and leg were hurting so much.  So, I decided to let everyone go on and go back to the hotel myself.  I was insisting that John go with them too, but he wouldn't listen.  He came back to the hotel with me.  I barely made it, I was hurting so much.  I took an Ibuprofen 800 and rested the next few hours.

 Today I was feeling so much better, so Rob and Lana drove us to the Falls and John and I got to see them while they walked around, went to gift shops etc.
 The Falls are just incredible.



 We got to walk in the tunnels that go behind the Falls and when looking at them from that angle you can feel and see more of the power of these amazing Falls.

We were able to learn some of the history of the falls and took a simulated ride 

 In the evening we went to Oh Canada Eh.  This was a very fun, most entertaining dinner show.  It was kind of expensive, but well worth the price.  After all, we will never be coming here again and we wanted to make the most of our visit.

 The most delicious pea soup.  I could have had more, but wanted to save my appetite.
 All of the actors were also the waiters and waitresses.  They all had beautiful voices.
 The show had lots of very funny parts and lots of really nice music.
 Salad course was next.


 The main course was roast, chicken, the most delicious fish (not pictured), veggies, and potatoes.

 Dessert was chocolate swirl cake.  "That's swirl, not chocolate squirrel cake," said our waiter.

For some reason, the pictures from yesterday split and the evening pictures posted after the pictures of today.  I don't know how to fix it so I will just leave it as it.   I was feeling better enough in the evening to go to a restaurant close by.  We went to Kelsey's and had a very good dinner.

After we got back to the hotel, Rob was parking the car and it died.  Not sure if it's the alternator, battery, or both.  We were supposed to leave in the early morning, but now we will have to wait and see what happens.  At least we were not on the road, in the middle of nowhere, and most importantly, no one got hurt.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Glad you got to see the falls, but I'm so sorry about your sciatic nerve. It must have been so painful. I am glad you were able to get some rest and still go and see everything. It is quite the sight, eh ; )

Looks like a fun evening. Glad you didn't have squirrel cake.

Sorry about the car problems.