Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference

 Twice a year in the first week-end in April and the first week-end in October, we get to hear General Conference.  General Conference is a time of gathering of the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be instructed by the Prophet and the General Authorities.  The Conference is broadcast to all corners of the world and is always a wonderful time of learning and getting information.  I love listening to all of the speakers.  It is always so inspiring.  Today was no exception.  We were filled as we listened to the words of the servants of God.  We felt the spirit and it was just a wonderful day.
 For dinner Lana asked me if we wanted to invite Charlotte and Theron.  Charlotte is the sister of my dearest friend Daisy and she just happens to live only 20 minutes away from Lana.  Of course I wanted to invite them.  I made savory crepes.  I filled them with a chicken/asparagus and sauce filling and they turned out very delicious.
 Lana made this divine cheesecake.
 Yummy food, good conversation, a spiritually uplifting day.  It was perfect.

2 comments:

nikko said...

How fun! She looks just like Daisy, too! Your crepes sound delish!

Yvonne said...

I bet those crepes were wonderful. And that cheesecake--YUMMY.

Conference was so wonderful.