Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday School

Gospel Essentials is a wonderful class taught by the fellow at the back in the brown suit. His name is Ben Faour Hussein. Yes, he is an Arab and he was a Musslim. He found the church a few years ago and after several miracles, he was able to join. One time while he was in the war, the truck he was riding in was shot at and overturned. Some rocks were displaced and a huge boulder somehow landed in the back of the truck as it was rolling. This boulder turned out to save their lives because it stopped the truck from going into a ravine by pinning it down to the ground. Ben said that he had a very calm feeling the whole time the truck was rolling and knew they would be safe. He says that he has a very strong testimony that Jesus is the Christ and our Savior and not just a prophet or learned man. Of course, he has been disowned by his family as a result of his actions. He has now been married in the temple to a lovely woman and has 3 darling children.
Sylvie, on the left and the 2 boys, Gael and Stephane, with Ben in the back were just baptized Saturday. Actually Stephane was baptized 2weeks before and then his Mom and brother followed his example. It is amazing to see the faith of these people who find the Lord and then follow what he would have them do. Gael cracks me up in class. He sits down and then arranges his books, folders, pamphlets, and pencils just so on the table in front of him. Then he arranges his suit and finally he folds his hands and is ready for the lesson. He is always very attentive and he always wants me to sit right by him.



Here is a picture of me. I accidentally erased it from the previous post at Manu's house. It was a pouring rain day and everyone was dripping wet with bad hair, but our spirits were not dampened.
Tomorrow DH gets to give the lesson.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a great post. The perfect thing to read on this Sabbath evening. Thank you.

Great pictures.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I love sharing mission experiences vicariously-

When did your son serve in Campinas? My brother in law's best friend served there about 13 years ago-

nikko said...

You two are doing awesome. We love reading your experiences!

I have a good life said...

I miss you! Great work. I am so glad you are blogging so we can keep track of all you are doing! :)

The Wendler Family said...

It alaways amazes me how much people are willing to give up for the Lord. I am so grateful that my family doesn't disown me for being a member of the church. It sounds like you have such a strong group of members! The few you have seem to be of the best caliber possible!

By the way, I just LOVED looking at your picture! I can't tell you are wet at all. You have such a glow about you. You are just beatiful!

You and and your dh are doing just wonderfully!