Thursday, January 8, 2009

Emily's in labor

Well, Emily has been in labor since last night. I got a call at 6:30a.m. from my friend's husband that her water had broken and she was admitted to the hospital. Here it is 9:45 in the evening and she has only progressed to a 4. I know first babies take a long time, but the baby is stressed whenever there is a contraction and now they are just waiting for the Dr. to see if she needs to have a c-section. I am quite worried of course. I wish if she has to have a c-section that they would just do it and have the baby. Emily also has to stay on her left side because if she goes on her back or on her right side, the baby goes into stress. They don't know if the baby is pressing on the cord or something like that. If you happen to read my blog, please have a prayer for Emily that she and the baby will be fine. Thanks.

1 comment:

Ladybird said...

First of all congrats on the birth of your grandchild.
Thanks for your note in my blog. I wrote that on a day I was v. upset with my hubby. I cant walk away from my responsibilities however much I am tempted to at times.
I will look up your blog more to see your children esp the adopted ones from India. I guess it is easier for foreigners to adopt in India than us. A childless colleague has just managed to adopt a girl baby after a lot of running and paper work.