Sunday, June 13, 2010

Napoleon


Sisters Curran and Pobst ported a really nice Russian lady, Vikoriya. She has been in France for only 1 yr and 4 months. Oh my gosh, her French is perfect and she is a speed talker. It has been so much fun to meet her and to talk to her. This is her daughter, Alyena. Alyena is 10yrs old and on the Olympic gymnastics prep team. She is a darling, friendly girl. The Soeurs are helping her with her English pronunciation. She too speaks French fluently. We are teaching Viktoriya the gospel. Her husband is Portuguese and he will start the lessons this coming week.
Last Saturday we went there and Viktoryia had made this delicious Napoleon. I haven't had this treat for many, many years. It is a lot of work to make because of the many layers. We all appreciated her efforts making this dessert especially for us.












My head and face are still hurting a lot, but I must go on and do my duties.
I have been busy getting the Petrovs ready to go to the temple. They have now had all of the temple prep classes, which I have translated for them. They have had 2 very lengthy, about 2 hours long, interviews with the Bishop and today and equally long interview with the Stake President's Counselor. I also attended and translated for Vasil's Melchizedek Priesthood interview. It was the first time for me being in a mtg for priesthood, but I was the only one able to do the translating. You should just see us. First I translate and then if he doesn't understand the Russian, Hayrie translates to him into Bulgarian. It's quite the procedure. The plan is for them to go to the temple next Sat. We are hoping to get permission to accompany them. Their Bishop will be the driver. I think that is great of him to go the extra mile for this awesome couple.
Also today was Stake Conf. It was so great. Now they broadcast it from Salt Lake and it was awesome. They talk so fast though and I translated the whole time. Luckily this time it was from English to Russian---much easier than from French. Ha.

4 comments:

Jill K said...

Hi Natalie!
You won the giveaway on my blog:)

Yvonne said...

You are such a trooper--I hope you are doing better.

I admire you so much. Thank you for your great example.

Lil' M said...

that looks yummy hope u liked it

Connie said...

The Napolean looks like a lot of delicious work! I can't believe you have shingles!! I'm so sorry. I hope it goes away soon and you'll be back to new! I'm so amazed at your service, translating, cooking, teaching, loving...I love hearing about it. It won't be long and you'll be home, is that right? Take care, my friend, and may the Lord bless you and your family!