Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FHE and Dinner with Francoise

Every week we have FHE(family home evening) with the JA's. It is always a lot of fun. We all take turns giving a lesson or a spiritual thought. Then we have a fun game. This past week our game was trying to guess who we were by asking yes or no questions. I was Queen Elizabeth and yes, I did guess who I was. We have played many games and have not had many repeats except for Loup Garou. They love the Werewolf game. I think I'm going to have to buy it for my grandchildren to play. I bet even my children will like it. :) Unfortunately in the summertime we have fewer and fewer young adults because so many of the youth go home after studies are over. Others go on vacation. Still others move away. I'm really going to miss them. Natacha and Noemie are 2 of the girls who are leaving for the summer. I will really miss them most of all because they are such wonderful girls and dear to me. I love them both. They have a bright future because they are the creme de la creme.
Wednesday we were invited to Francoises's house for dinner. Francoise is Manu's Mom. She is a wonderful woman. She is warm and kind. She always dresses in a very fun, kind of eccentric way although you can't really tell in this picture. I love her and I love the way she dresses. It is always stylish, but just a little out of the ordinary. She is very artistic, paints, draws, and makes jewelry. She is very knowledgeable in the scriptures and she is fun to talk to and to be with.
We had a wonderful evening together. She prepared a great meal. We started out with an aperitif of radishes and the sweetest cantaloupe ever. There was homemade bread. The entree was a Moroccan dish. Green salad followed the main course with a vinaigrette that she swirled in the serving bowl, at the table so we could all see the oil, mustard, and vinegar combine together into the delicious vinaigrette. Dessert was pears in rose water and perfume. It was soooooo good.
We really enjoyed her company, the food and the conversation.

















1 comment:

Nancy Face said...

Pears in rose water and perfume? OH MY GOODNESS, I would just LOVE to taste that! :)