Saturday, March 17, 2012

So, so sad

Yesterday I read my dear friend Connie's notice that their sweet little Grady is gone.  What a shock to them and to everyone who hears it.  I just can't believe it.  Just last week at a conference that Connie and I attended, he was there with his Mommy.  His was such a sweet, adorable little baby.  They all delighted in him and held him so tenderly and talked to him so softly and with such joy.  Now he's gone.  It's difficult to understand why such a sweet little one must go.  And yet, we know the Plan of Salvation.  We know that he will live again and that his family will have him again.  We know that he really has it made.  He doesn't have to suffer the trials of this life.  He only needed to come here to this earth to receive his mortal body.  He was so perfect.  We know and yet it is devastating and so hard.

I am at a loss as to what to do or say to Connie.  There are no words  I just hope that she knows how much I care about her.  I hope she will be consoled and comforted and I pray that Grady's family will also be consoled and comforted.  I pray that Heavenly Father will send his loving arms to surround them in this most difficult of times.  I pray that they will all be able to heal and to remember that our Heavenly Father does love them.

Meanwhile, good bye sweet, little Grady.  Until we meet again.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh Natalie,
Thank you for remembering us at this time of grief. Thank you for being such a good friend.

Yvonne said...

It just breaks my heart.

Like you, I wish there was something I could do. Sometimes all we can do is just pray for them to be comforted.

And, like you, I am so incredibly grateful that we have an understanding of The Plan of Salvation.