Thursday, June 23, 2011

Emily's Baby Shower

  Saturday we had a surprise baby shower for Emily and it really was a surprise.  Jose was in on the surprise so he finally was able to persuade her to go to a little fair in town.  She really didn't want to go anywhere because her back is hurting so much and she just wanted to rest.  She is working so hard going to school and working and has to work Sat evenings too.  Anyway, time was passing and passing and they were still here and I still had so much to do: set up, finish cooking, decorated etc. etc.  I was getting a bit nervous.  Finally they left about 11:30 and people were invited for 12:30.  Fortunately Lana and Valerie came over and helped me with everything.  Lana was here for a few days because she brought Sierra and Jenna to stay here for school.  Jenna has begun BYU and Sierra got her apartment and classes set up at UVU.  She went back with Lana, but will return at the end of Aug.  I am so excited that my cute little granddaughters will be so close to me now.  Of course, I'm sure they will be busy with school and all of their fun activities.  
Well, Emily walked in and she said she was so hot and sweaty and hungry that at first she didn't even understand what was going on.  She quickly caught on and we got her a big glass of water and then she could concentrate on seeing her friends.  The shower went really well and we all enjoyed it.  In the photo above you can see the food minus an enchilada ring that I baked.  I tried it for the first time and it turned out really good.  Andrea wasn't here, but she is actually the one who did a lot of the work for the shower.  She planned it, did the invites, sent things to decorate and actually talked to Val, Lana and I on Skype while we were setting up.  We were so sad she couldn't be here.
 Val made this nice water with strawberries, lemons, limes, oranges, and mint.  It really gave a good flavor.  She also made the Oreo cookies and a yummy salad.
 Here is hot, surprised Em.

 Paulette, Emily, Trish, and Dani
 Lana, Kristy who came all the way from Lancaster, and Val
 Mackenzie, Jordyn, Dani, Tatum and Sierra
Dani and Natalia

 Lana got baby Jakob a monogrammed onsie and burp rag.
 Flavia who couldn't attend made this cute quilt for her.  I also made a quilt.  I will have to take a photo and post it later.



 Andrea's gift came wrapped in this cute box.


 Trish and Sharon are my good friends from years and years ago.  Now they both live in this area.  I was so happy to see them both.





 Danielle had made cupcakes, but on the way to the shower she had to make a quick stop because the car  in front of her suddenly braked.  Luckily she was not hurt, but the cupcakes didn't make it.  She stopped at Cold Stone and got replacement ice cream cupcakes.  They were yummy although we were sad that hers were ruined.

 Paulette with Jordyn.  Paulette is the Mom of Sara and Amie the two darlings that I babysat for years and who are still good friends.  In fact, Sara and Andrea are BFF since Kindergarten.  Paulette is the nicest friend.  She is now a yoga instructor.  I think that is awesome that she started doing such a fun thing.
Dani and Aunt Val always have fun together.  Emily got lots of wonderful gifts for her little baby who will be coming Aug 8th.  We can't wait to meet the little guy.  There's nothing sweeter than a brand new baby.  I can't wait to hold him and cuddle him too.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love baby showers. Looks like everyone had a great time. So glad that Lana was there. I'm sure you are enjoying all your family time.

I'm sure she can't wait to have the baby--so exciting.

Connie said...

I can imagine Emily's extra hot this week! What a fun surprise! Looks like she got some good gifts and the food looks scrumptious too. I don't believe I've ever seen an enchilada ring!

I wish her well these next few weeks.