Wednesday, June 3, 2009

JA Conference, Food, Missionaries, Mouscron

Today's blog will be a little of this and a little of that. My first picture is an aisle of only Activa. Yes, the french do love their yogurt, especially Activa. You can find all sorts of types and flavors and this is only part of the aisle. It actually wraps around and has even more yogurts on the other side.

A few weeks ago we had a JA conference in Arras. All the youth from the stake had sacrament meeting together and then listened to some wonderful talks. After that, we were served a yummy lunch outside.



Some of our youth.

These 3 men make up our Stake Presidency. On the left is Patrick Boutoille, 1st couns. In the middle is Pres. Jean-Christophe Seube. To the right is Jean-Olivier Smatti. An interesting side note. Here in France and in Belgium, everyone pronounces our name correctly. Noone even asks how it is pronounced. After all these years of noone knowing how to say our name, it is a really nice change. I guess the French know how to pronounce their own names.:)
























What do you suppose this dish is? It is Lapin or rabbit. Yes, I am the one who cooked it and it was delicious.








Yummy pastries.
















Every 6 weeks we have transfers. We lose some missionaries and new ones come in. It's always hard to see them leave. We get quite attached to the awesome missionaries. Of course, it's also fun to get new missionaries and to get to know them. We have not ever been disappointed. These young people are the cream of the crop. They are bright, energetic, hard-working, and have very strong testimonies. We love working with them.
























In Mouscron we have a lovely park. We went there on May 1st. and just walked around. There were lots of people there celebrating May Day. Lots of people bought little bouquets of Lillies of the Valley and carried them around. We enjoyed this family of ducks. There were 18 little ducklings. Some of them were almost as big as the Mama.




















The trees and the grounds are lovely.













This is rabbit island. There were several really large rabbits on the island.
















































A church in Armentieres. There are so many lovely churches all over France and Belgium. Sadly most of them are quite empty most of the time.









3 comments:

Yvonne said...

The French must love their yogurt--my goodness.

The food looks delicious--I've never had rabbit and am just not sure I could eat it.

You are so right about the missionaries--the young people who are serving right now seem so prepared and strong. I love it. It must be hard to watch them leave--I'm sure you become very close to them.

You are doing such an amazing job. Thanks to you and your husband for all your hard work.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Keep an eye out for Elder Jeremy Wells from Utah-

I know I would have to be really hungry to try rabbit- I don't think I could get passed how cute they are- alive- to eat them.

Shuldberg's in Texas said...

I love reading your blog. As I read I can hear your voice and your excitment for everything around you.

Unlike the other two, I love rabbit! We raised rabbit for that purpose. I looks delicious!!