Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Nutcracker, San Diego Zoo, and 333

 While visiting Anna, we got to go and see the Nutcracker performed by the New West Ballet Theatre.  I love the Nutcracker and love to go as many  Decembers as I can.  I remember many a performance and even being a performer in the Nutcracker when I was young.
 We went with one of Anna's friends and she also met a few friends there.
 Here we are in the lobby.  I couldn't get any pictures of the performance because no photos were allowed.
 Afterwards we were able to meet up with one of the main ballerinas, Ashley Luckow and her husband who just happen to live in Anna's ward.  Andrew played the role of Mr. Drosselmeyer.
 We had a very fun evening and we came home to Amadeo relaxing with Zoe "the firstborn" watching 3D TV.
 We also got to go to the San Diego Zoo.  What a huge wonderful zoo.  I remember going there years ago when I was only 11.  On my goodness. It is a totally different zoo today, of course.

 Joneaux loved all the animals and all the climbing.



This is the view from the sky tram.  It was such a pretty view.




 Riding the sabre toothed tiger.

 Joneaux was worn out after our zoo adventure and I must admit.. so was I.
That evening Anna and Amadeo treated us to a most wonderful dinner at 333 in Oceanside.  The food was sooooooooo delicious.  We started out with a yummy 3 tier dish filled with seafood goodies; shrimp, clams, oysters, and other things I don't even remember.  It was some of the best seafood I ever ate.  Then we all had a main course.  Of course we had little samples of each others food.  After that we were so full that we couldn't eat another bite.  What a wonderful day and evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

It looks like it was a wonderful adventure. No wonder Joneaus was sleeping. I think I would have been too! I love sea food. How nice you were able to go to 333 for dinner!

Yvonne said...

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but I have never been to The Nutcracker ; ( One year I would love to take Heidi and go. She is a dancer and I know she would love it.

I have been to the San Diego Zoo--love it. Such a sweet picture of baby Joneaux.

Looks like a great visit.