Friday, May 28, 2010

Transfer day May 2010

Tuesday was transfer day once again. Elders Dalton and Porter were transferred. Elder Dalton will be going to Paris and Elder Porter will be going to Brussels. It's always a bittersweet day. The missionaries love our district so they're always sad to leave. We are so sad to see them go too. However, they're also sooooo excited to continue the work of the Lord wherever they are sent. On to new places and new adventures for them.
We teach a lot of Africans and people from other countries here in France. Lots of our missionaries like to buy clothes from other countries. These two elders bought these pants which they say are soooooooo comfortable. They are having lots of fun wearing them.






We always have district mtg and then a luncheon together. Today we had burrito fest. Then we have a few hours where we write in each other's memory books, play games etc. We had a hand a foot tournament for the first time. Elder Porter just loves that game. Of course we always have district pictures.










Elder Dalton wanted to have a separate picture with us as they all did. I don't think I've ever had so many pictures taken of me both by the missionaries and by the JA's. I really don't like it at all, but oh well, that's how it is. I love them and I can do that for them.
I am still sick and in fact went to the doctor's again today because I am actually worse yet. My other eye is now affected, more of my face is swollen and my headache is the worse than ever. I was awake most of the night with it. The Dr. said that I have a very aggressive virus and prescribed some much stronger pain meds. I keep hoping to get better soon. I think tomorrow will be the day of getting better. I have found all of the medical personnel here very nice and very helpful and competent. Also, I have always been seen immediately and treated very kindly. They even understand my poor French although I do have to repeat things sometimes. I am actually very impressed with them.



4 comments:

Connie said...

You shouldn't dislike having your picture taken. You're so cute!

Bittersweet to see them go, I'm sure. I hope you get better soon. Are they going to name this virus after you?

Yvonne said...

I agree with Connie--You are so cute ; )

Sorry about the virus. I hope it passes soon.

When I got home today there was a message on my phone from one of our little Elders who just was transferred out of the province. He was so sweet. He will be missed.

Nancy Face said...

The elders are funny in those silly pants! :D

I sure don't see any Quasimodo in those pictures! You look great! :)

Joy said...

I am sorry I didn't know how to email you. My sister made her blog private just to get it off the web and she is not updating it - it is over at least for a while, but didn't want to completely erase it. So I am not even an "invited reader" :). They have dealt with a bad situation that turned beyond bad and are trying to get through it. Thanks.