Monday, May 31, 2010

Shingles are finally leaving.

I have been let out of the bell tower. After doing everything I knew of and that had been suggested (medicine, apple cider vinegar, Eucalyptus oil and most importantly a blessing) I am finally much, much better. The doctors all told me I would be very sick for at least 3 weeks, but thankfully I have been blessed and am almost well now. I do have some healing to do still, but I look and feel sooooooo much better
.
Saturday Dh baptized Anne. We met Anne (25 yrs old) soon after we came to France. She was a very troubled girl at that time. She had many problems and challenges. After a long time, the missionaries stopped teaching her and she was no longer around. Since then she has had therapy and medical attention and has recovered her health both physical and emotional. A while ago she came back to church. Anne has made tremendous changes in her life and within herself. She has become more self confident, less shy, and has given up her bad habits. We began teaching her. She had a lot of opposition from her family and friends and also from another church whose members kept texting her and telling her she should not be going to church with us. She told us that she has studied many other religions and never felt comfortable with any of them. When she came to our church, she felt a peace and comfort. Anne was also taught by Soeurs Pobst and Kurran while we were away on our trip. After studying with us and with the Soeurs, reading, praying, and living the principles of the gospel, she made the decision to be baptized. When she told her Mom that she was going to be baptized, the Mom was furious. She told Anne all kinds of untrue things. Anne calmly told her that she had studied and prayed and that she knew the things she read were true and that she would be getting baptized. It takes a lot of courage and conviction to act like that. Because she is such a quiet, shy girl, she wanted a very low key baptism and that is just what she got. Never-the-less her baptism was very, very nice. The spirit was quite strong and all who attended the service felt it and felt so good about it.
We had a nice little luncheon afterwards.









Soeur Kurran, Elders Dungan, Dohrman, and one of our new Elders, Anderson along with Soeur Pobst.


Ben Fahour and his wife Esther along with some of their children.







The Bishop of Lille ward, Jim Rueter and his wife Katee are with another new Elder in our ward. Elder Navarro is from the Netherlands and in fact his Dad was the Bishop who sent Jim Rueter on his mission when Jim was a young man of 19. The two knew each other when our new elder was just a little boy and are now they are both in the same ward again. What a small world.











Elder Neidhard is flexing his muscles. I think he wants Anne to see how strong he is.












After we finished cleaning up, we saw that Anne had written this poem.
It says:
Extreme joy is henceforth in my soul
The immersion itself was somewhat stressful
The devil wanted so much for me to be absent
But desire was stronger, Sesame, that first door was reached (walked through)!
Only the gift of the spirit is now lacking
Any my heart will be at peace now and through eternity!
Of course it rhymes in French and it is quite nice.


Across the street from our apt the field is in bloom. I love California Poppies and Texas Bluebonnets, but these weeds are not bad to look at either. They are much nicer than the dirt that is usually there. In the middle of all the yellow is one tiny red flower which is also in bloom.




































6 comments:

txmommy said...

how nice.

Yvonne said...

Always wonderful to see someone make changes and into the waters of baptism. I hope she feels the support of the members.

I'm so glad that you are feeling better.

I received my first e-mail from my little Elder today.

hugs,
yvonne

Shuldberg's in Texas said...

I'm glad your feeling better. I love reading about your adventures. They are always soo touching.

We are praying for you.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

so glad you are on the mend- they have been advertising shots for shingles here and I thought of you

Robin said...

I'm so glad taht you are getting better. I sure think about you guys a lot. Your missionary experiences are so uplifting to read. And its fun since we were there to see some of the places you guys are at.

Jay said...

I am so sorry you've been sick, but I am SO glad you are on the mend. I haven't been keeping up with the blog world lately, so I missed out on your sickness and other adventures. I just love reading your adventures. I would have loved being in your district as a missionary. You all have so much fun and serve the Lord so diligently!