Monday, December 22, 2008

Reverse Order

I just realized that my apartment pictures are in reverse order. I guess I should have started at the bottom and worked up. Well, anyway one last picture. This is our washer and dryer. They are tiny. They only hold 6kgs or 2.2 lbs each. They are both brand new, but the dryer has never worked. As I mentioned before, no customer service here. We called many times and finally someone came to look at the dryer. We had to also call the day of delivery to make sure he was coming. Then we had to sit by the front windows to watch for him because our door bell doesn't work. He finally came and said it is unrepairable . Now we are waiting for a new dryer as this one can't be fixed. We have made several calls. Today we called and they said they will probably come on Wednesday the 24th. Of course this is the day we have invited all of the missiaries to come over for a party at noon. Oh well, he will just have to deliver in the midst of the party. :) We don't dare put if off. As an interesting side note, the repairman who came was a young guy of 21. He was born in Canada and lived there until he was 8 yrs old. Then his parents got divorced and they all moved back to Belgium. He still speaks perfect English and in fact prefers to speak English. He hopes to move back to Canada as soon as he can. Well, I talked to him about the church and offered him a Book of Mormon. He was very receptive to it all. However, he lives very far from him. I asked if he would like to have the missionaries and he said yes. So, my very first giving away of the Book of Mormon and now he will be having the discussions. How great is that!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jay said...

What adventures you are having! And what a wonderful missionary you are! Merry Christmas!

The Wendler Family said...

You are a natural missionary! That is so exciting! I'm so proud of you! You'll be able to do the whole thing in French before you know it!

Sharon said...

With a blog you can't get away from old friends. It's been fun to read about your life and how the work is going there. I exchanged Christmas cards with your daughter L. She sent me a wonderful personal letter that meant the world to me. I forgot to ask her for your mailing address. So I guess this will have to do. I hope you have a Christmas that you will never forget.

Peter and Sharon Anderson said...

Well Tim and Melanie came by today and Melanie mentioned your blog site. You had probably told me about it but I didn't "get it." So NOW I have checked it out. WOW, How WONDERFUL to be able to read about you mission and see the pics. We are so happy for you and glad you are able to serve the Lord. It is so exciting to learn about the inspired program for 18-30 year olds. You will be perfect for getting it going. We love you and hope you have a Merry Christmas.