Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Catch Up

 H, above, is sure a cute little Bat Girl.  She has developed quite the style.  It was fun to see what she chose to wear every day.
 Little Lu is the cutest little Daisy Scout.  She got all ready to go, but when they got there the meeting was cancelled.
 That was okay because Papa and Lu had a great time at the playground instead.
 Here is H ready for a church event with her parents.  Bub does not like his Dad to leave, but he does just great keeping himself entertained.  He loves all the electronics and it keeps him busy for hours.  Also there's the lego building and playing going on and of course he loves to read too.



Awesome Lana has been recently called as Stake Young Women's President.  I think she has now been the President of every organization.  Wherever she serves, she is well loved.  She is smart, kind,  intuitive, and always has great self control as well as being always calm.    She runs the organizations so well and is always a great asset to any group.  They are so lucky to have her and I am so blessed to be her Mom.


 A few days after we left for our trips, Em and her family moved out.  They have moved to their own place and are so happy there.  I am glad for them, but kinda sad for me.  I miss them already even though they are not far away.  Sweetie J is crawling everywhere.  He is the cuddliest, cutest little guy.


 I miss my little Tal so much.  She and I were inseparable buddies.  When I was gone she phoned me and said, "Gwandma, I am looking and looking for you, but I can't find you anywhere.   Where are you?"  Tore at my heart.  I hope to watch her a couple a days a week just for fun.

 S, J and I went to Chinese dinner while we were babysitting for the week.   That was the day Papa and  T and M went to the Temple to do baptisms.  They were supposed to come home and get us to go out to dinner, but Papa misunderstood and instead they went to Chuck-a-rama without getting us.  It turned out fine though.  Don't know what happened to the picture of J.

While we spent the week babysitting we had lots of fun as well as lots of activities.  Each school day I had my schedule of taking kids here and there; dance, scouts, activity day, baseball, 4H, Young Men and Young Women, homework, reading, scriptures, FHE, etc.  Papa was here helping too, so it worked out just great.  Friday night we had Movie Night.  The kids and Papa rented movies and we got candy and popcorn.  Just right to snuggle up in your jammies and blankies and enjoy some time together.  Papa took some of the kids running with him and also to the library. I took the girls shopping because a girl can never shop too much you know.  We also had cleaning and chore times and everyone cooperated for that.

 The kids, ours and the kids of the friends who went on the cruise with Val and Ryan wanted to do a surprise welcome home party.  Papa took them shopping for the goodies one day during the week. Sunday after church they all came over and got busy.  The big girls made a cake.  The little girls made fruit-k-bobs. The drink of choice was water.

 They all made signs and made up a song and a welcome home program.  Notes were written to the parents.
 The girls dressed up in tropical clothes because the cruise was to the tropics.
 A brush hanging from the wall made the perfect microphone.

The parents also had to participate.  Each one had to say what they liked best about their trip and each child had to tell what they missed most while their parents were gone.

The kids loved it. The parents loved it and we loved it.  It was the perfect ending to a good week.
 Finally this is what we see almost every night before Reggie has to go to bed.  He loves to be read to.


 D is gone for the summer selling and so we went out to dinner before he had to leave.  We went to the Texas Cattle Company.  It was my first time there and I will definitely be going back.  It was yummy.

2 comments:

nikko said...

You have been so busy! I enjoyed reading your catch up post! :o)

Yvonne said...

Sounds like you haven't been sitting around eating bon bons and watching TV all day--HA, HA, HA!!!!

You are such a wonderful grandma. I know how much you enjoy having the little ones (and the not so little ones) around