Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day began Saturday evening when John brought me this beautiful bouquet of roses.  He often brings me flowers and I just love it.
 We had Hawaiian Hay Stacks for dinner and they turned out so delicious.

 We started out with appetizers that everyone brought.  I really like appetizers.  They are one of my favorite things to eat.

 Some of the kids wanted to snack on the toppings which was just fine with me.  Olives are a big hit always because you can put them on your fingers for better flavor.



 Before dinner everyone had to tell their earliest memory of their Mom.


 After dinner we relaxed, talked, and played games.  Some went outside to play ball and jump on the tramp.
 JaNee came for dessert and brought key lime pie.  Val also made Tiffany's dessert and I had left over lemon bars that I made for someone in the ward and tried to deliver 3 times.  All to no avail.  I will have to make them again.
I think a great time was had by all.  It's always wonderful to have the kids and the grandkids come over.  All of the kids called me and sent cards and I also got some terrific gifts. I have the best kids and that includes the in-laws.  I got lucky that way.  No, not lucky, blessed.  SOOOOOOO blessed.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I really do love Mother's Day! It's so fun to have the kids and grandkids over! Your roses are beautiful!
Lucky for your family, the recipient of the lemon bars was never at home! :)
Hope you're doing well! Love ya!

Yvonne said...

Mother's Day is such a wonderful day ; ) The roses are beautiful. (I love getting roses, too)

So wonderful that you could have some of your family over to celebrate. I love appetizers, too--but most of the time I eat too many and spoil my dinner. And I thought we were the only ones who put olives on our fingers ; )

Hugs.