Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mini Trip

 Emily and Jose went to California for the week-end for his sister's wedding and I got to tag along to visit my friends in Lancaster.  I lived in Lancaster for over 30 years.  John and I first moved to the Antelope Valley in 1970 when he got his first teaching job at Edwards Air Force Base.  At the time he told me it was to be for only a year.  That year stretched out and out and I sometimes felt like Moses' wife living in the dessert for 40 years.  Our first two children were born in San Francisco and then we had one in Lancaster, one in Victorville, and another in Lancaster again.  We finished off with two from India and one from Peru.  Our children grew up in Lancaster and now that they are grown they live all over the U.S.A.   We taught our children to be independent and then they had the nerve to take us up on it.  :)  What's up with that?  I want them all to be near me.
We had a good life in Lancaster and I made a lot of really good friends.  

 I loved the poppies that bloomed every Spring.
I loved seeing the airplanes when they flew overhead.  I also got to see the Space Shuttle sometimes as it flew over.  That was always an exciting sight.

I had a really fun, nice visit.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to go and visit friends. Always fun.

Lori said...

Hi Natalie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the kind comment, it's always fun to meet new bloggers!
I visited Lancaster as a child, it was my first airplane ride and have very fond memories. I remember being amazed that it was warm and sunny and I didn't need a coat on Christmas. :)