Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Celebrations

 We have been having lots of celebrations lately.  We began by going to Zuppas with Natacha and Logan.  These two young people are awesome.  As I have always said, Natacha is one of my special, wonderful young women.  She is so smart and nice.  She speaks perfect English and we just love her.  Logan aka Elder Dalton is the nicest, smartest missionary who served with us.  We love Elder Dalton.

One day after he was transferred to Paris from Lille we happened to be visiting Paris with Alec, Kelly, and Katie.  We had walked and walked all day.  I was so tired that when they wanted to go look for shoes for Katie, I just couldn't walk any more without resting a while.  John and I decided to just stay where we were awhile and wait for them to finish their shoe shopping.  We were waiting by a museum that was facing a metro station.  It was rush hour traffic.  Suddenly I see two missionaries beginning to go down the stairs to enter the metro station.  Oh my gosh, it was Elder Dalton and his companion.  "Elder Dalton" I yelled hoping he would hear me over the traffic.  He did and the two of them ran across the street to visit with us.  It's hard to describe the love and joy that you feel when you meet up with one of your young, awesome missionaries.  We had a fun but too short visit and then they needed to go and be about their business.  I think the feelings of love that we have developed for the missionaries and they for us will last a lifetime.  Even now when we see them or receive phone calls or invitations to weddings, etc, all those good feelings surface.  What a bonus blessing from serving a mission.
Valerie had her birthday and Ryan had his while we were in California, so the four of us went out to Red Lobster to celebrate.  I have always liked the food their, but I must say I was disappointed this time. The lobster was tough and the crab had the smallest legs I've ever had on a crab.  In spite of that we had the best time just talking and enjoying each others company.  We don't get to be with just the two of them very often and we took advantage of the situation to really enjoy them.  Ryan has such a wonderful sense of humor that you can't help but laugh when you're with him and Valerie is just so much fun to be with too.
Well, my pictures got mixed up so first you will see Ange and Yoho and then Val's family again.
 We also went out to celebrate Tanner's b'day.  Oh my gosh, he's 13 years old now.  "Grandma, I can't believe I've had the Priesthood for a whole year already." he said.  "It has been awesome."  What a great kid.
 We went to Chili's and had yummy food.
 Here's Spencer enjoying his food.  He shared his corn with me and it was really good and fresh.


 Jordyn always sits next to me wherever we go.  I love that.
Mackenzie is always sweet and fun.
            I had a quesadilla explosion salad.  It was soooo good.
Andrea also had her birthday so we got to go to the Flying Sumo restaurant in Park City.  Yoho was the chauffeur and sightseeing guide as he used to live there.  He showed us all of the sights and then we went to eat sushi.  Yoho used to work at this restaurant and they treated us to several yummy rolls (chef's choice) in addition to the things we ordered.  The food was delicious.  It had been a long time since I had sushi and this chef made it so tasty.  We had such a fun time being together.  The only bad thing was that it was freezing at the table that we sat at.  It was right by the back door and both Andrea and I were soooooo cold.  Unfortunately Andrea was getting sick and by the next day she was very sick in bed.   She was sick for almost 2 weeks and even had to make a couple of trips to the doctor.  She is finally better although I think she's still tired from being so sick.  The darn flu just likes to hang on and on.


2 comments:

Connie said...

It's so fun to celebrate with family! You have some darling grandkids.
Too bad that Andrea got so sick. This flu is horrible!
I love the picture of you and John in the last photo.
It was so good to see you on Sunday. Good luck with the house.

Yvonne said...

I agree about the love you have for the missionaries--it truly will last forever. So glad you had a chance to visit with them.

It's always fun to celebrate with family. Your grandson is adorable. (Give Val a big hug for me ; )

I love Happy Sumo (I've not been to the one in Park City, but have been to the one at Riverwoods)