Monday, March 7, 2011

Tal's B'day and Seeing Amie

This is old news, but I'm playing catch up.  Cutie Pie Natalia had her birthday on Jan 8th.  That morning we went out to breakfast at Kneaders.  She began began her morning treat by drinking "wawa" with lemons.  Funny little lemon face.  :)She did have a fun party later that I will blog about in the future.

A few weeks later, on the 26th, we ate at Texas Roadhouse with Amie, Paulette, and Dan.  Cute Amie was on her way to Michigan where she is going to go to Physical Therapy School.  I wrote a few weeks ago about Sara and Amie.  I began babysitting them when Amie was only 3 and Sara was 5.  These little cuties and their parents became dear friends.  These little girls were always so sweet, nice, cute and sooooo smart too.  Sara is now in the Peace Corps serving in Guyana.  She is having a very challenging but rewarding time there.  What a brave girl off by herself trying to help the world become a better place.  I sure give her a lot of credit.  Anyway, as the girls grew up they became better and better friends.  Andrea and Sara are BFF to this day.  They were always so cute together, little blonde Sara and dark haired Andrea and blonde Amie with dark haired Emily.  They had many adventures as they grew up.   I remember when they were little they would come to my house very early and then finish up sleeping.  When they and my girls would wake up, they would all get dressed together.  Then I would fix their hair and then they would eat at a little tiny table in my kitchen, laughing and chatting all the while.  Then we were off to school.  After school they always had fun together, doing homework, playing, reading, running around, etc.  Then when they were in high school they had dates, proms, games and more chatting.  They learned to drive together and even took trips with each other families.  It's wonderful to have such good friends.  I feel so close to those 2 young women and feel that my life was blessed by them and their family.  
Paulette is Amie and Sara's Mom.  I think we hit it off from the day we met.  She has always been so kind and nice to our entire family.  I love her.  Paulette moved up to this area a few years ago and works hard every day at Lockheed. In addition she is about to be certified as a Yoga instructor.  I sure give her a lot of credit for that.  What a gal!
Of course I had to include little handsome Reggie in the photos.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Isn't it fun to watch these kids grow up. As you know I have said before, time just goes so quickly and it is so hard to believe that these children are now wonderful adults.

These are the friendships that mean so much, aren't they.

BTW, your little Natalia is so adorable.

Sara K said...

I love this post! I'm so grateful to be apart of your family and for the friendships we've shared over the years!