Monday, March 14, 2011

Natacha's visit


One of our young adults from France, our dear Natacha, came on a visit to the U.S. Unfortunately she was here the exact same time
 we were in California, but at least we got to spend a little time with her.  The first evening after we got  back, she had a get together at the home of her friend, Stephanie, with whom she was staying.  Stephanie lives in a lovely home on a huge horse ranch.  Just that day John was so sick that he had to stay home and so I ended up going by myself.  It was so great to see Natacha and to spend some time with her.  The other invited guests were ex- missionaries and young people that Natacha knew from France.  They all spoke French fluently.  Luckily I was able to keep up.  :)   We all had a very nice time together.  Natacha made crepes, quiche and other yummy things.  Everyone else brought food to share too.  All of those youngsters were so nice to this old gal.  I was the only person over 30 there.  After eating and talking for a long time people wanted to play Loupe Garu (the werewolf game).  I decided to leave and to let the young people play, but they insisted that I stay and play.  " You know you're good at Loupe Garu. We want you to stay." said Logan.  I did stay and I did have a lot of fun.  
Logan was one of our favorite missionaries in the field..
I am with Natacha and one of Stephanie's daugthers.  The fellow on the stool is ex Elder Maxwell also from our mission.  His grandpa is Neil Maxwell.  Grant was an intern at one of the universities in France.  He also previously served his mission in our area.  He was one of our young adults.  It has been so much fun to see some of our young people.  We just really love them a lot.

2 comments:

Shuldberg's in Texas said...

How fun!! Send some ex missionaries down here...Kinzie needs one. :0)

Yvonne said...

I bet you had such a great time. (And how great that you were able to keep up with the French) I'm sorry your husband was ill and not able to go.