Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Owwwwwww


This isn't really my thigh. I wish it was though.
Last night about 5:00am I woke up with an excruciating pain in my inner thigh. I jumped out of bed and started massaging it, but it was just getting worse and worse with waves of spasm. After about 5 minutes I had to wake up Dh and he came and helped me massage it for about 10-15 minutes more. Finally it abated, but I still have some after effects even now at 4:00 in the afternoon. I called my son Alec and asked for his advice. He was so kind and helpful. After the call I had a banana and a lot of water and after a long time tried to go back to sleep with a heating bag.
My gosh that was one of the worse pains I've had and I've had plenty to compare. I have a really high pain tolerance too. I sure hope I don't have a repeat episode.

7 comments:

txmommy said...

poor mom!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Hope the banana helps- they helped a lot when I had charlie horse cramps while pregnant. My son was having leg cramps last night after his soccer practice and I gave him the same advice- H2O and bananas-

I hope you have a better night-

Thanks so much for being so awesome- I hope we get a chance to meet someday.

c.griffith said...

:( praying for you!!!

Anna said...

oh sad!

I have a good life said...

OUCH! I sure hope you are ok now! That sounds so painful!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

ooh so sorry I had one on Monday it was aawful too so so so sorry I literally feel for you

Yvonne said...

I'm sorry. I hope you are doing much better and it doesn't come back.