Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birthday girls

When did this sweet, beautiful baby girl become this beautiful 5 year old? How did the time pass so quickly? Today is the birthday of my sweet little granddaughter. Thanks to my daughter for sharing her with me, we are the best of buddies. When we lived with my daughter and son-in-law for several months after selling our house and while waiting for our mission call, we became inseparable. We had so much fun being together talking, looking at and reading books, playing, singing, cuddling, swimming, going to parties, sitting next to each other at dinner, etc. Little Lu and I really love each other a lot and it was soooooooo hard to leave her. Just before we left, she hid my sunglasses and a few other little things of mine. When I asked her where they were, she said, "They aw hiding in my woom." She thought that if I didn't have my sunglasses and things, that I wouldn't be able to leave. We both shed quite a few tears when I really did have to leave. I love her soooooooo much!
I love all of my grandchildren and feel sooo close to them. I can't wait to spend some time and cuddles with them again. But, I know I am where I should be, doing what I should be doing. I am so happy to be serving the Lord and I am trying to do the best I can.

Today would also have been the birthday of our first adopted little daughter from India. Sarika Kristi was born in Calcutta, India. She was long awaited and much loved. Sarika was very tiny and her little lungs had trouble from the beginning. Many of the babies in India are born very tiny because of the lack of prenatal care. She died when she was just a little over 2 months old.
Luckily for us we were still able to get her sealed to us in the Los Angeles Temple. We called our Bishop and then Stake President to talk about it. Our Stake President told us that he would talk to the General Authorities in Salt Lake City to see if it could be done. We expected that it would take many months to get an answer because they are such busy men, but before the week was over we received a personal phone call. We were told that Sarika needed to have an eternal family and that absolutely we could have her sealed to us as soon as possible. That was a wonderful day when we and many of our children were able to go to the temple and have this sacred ordinance performed. I am so grateful that families can be forever. That is such a huge and wonderful blessing.



4 comments:

** Dre and Yoho ** said...

so cute lu! she misses you a lot!! so do all of us!! happy bday to lu and sister sarkia!

txmommy said...

she wishes you were here for her princess birthday!!!!

Yvonne said...

You are such a great example to all of us who have grandchildren that we will leave behind when we go to serve missions.

That little Lu is such a sweetie.

I didn't know about the other adopted child. You always amaze me.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

she is so fun and cute