Friday, November 28, 2008

Belgium Here We Come

Well I got the call on Wednesday while I was at the movies with Ut Mommy and her friends watching Twilight. The phone kept vibrating and vibrating and I just knew it was the church office. As soon as we got out of the theatre I called and sure enough I had the message that we finally got our visas. We will be leaving at 5:00a.m. on Tuesday the 2nd of December. We will be traveling with the Phairs who will be in our same mission. We had the chance to meet this lovely couple last week. They are from Ca., but now live in Spanish Fork. It is their 2nd mission to the same area and his 3rd. His 1st mission when he was a young 19 yr old was to Bordeaux, France, where DH was born. I think it will be so nice and fun to travel with them. DH is sooo excited to finally be on the way. I am kind of excited, but now that we have delayed so long, I kind of wish we could have waited until Emily had her baby. I feel so bad leaving her alone. I wish I could be there to help her and to meet her new little baby. It's really so hard to leave family and friends, but I must do what the Lord wants me to do. I am also still struggling with the French language. I can understand a lot, but trying to say things is another story. I hope I will be blessed to be able to speak to the people over there.

Today I spent a long time packing and rearranging suitcases. We are taking 2 suitcases each and each can only weigh 50 lbs. It is a bit hard to pack stuff for 2 years. I am still not done packing.
Tonight we got to go out with Ut Mommy and her family, first to yummy pizza and then to Temple Square to see the beautiful lights and nativities. We drove to Sandy and from there we took a train to S.L.C. We met up with A and Yoho and their friends Erica and Sam. We had such a nice time together and it was so beautiful there.

4 comments:

nikko said...

Wow! What great news. We are so excited for you and can't wait to hear of more of your adventures.

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Thats exciting that you got your visas. I know you will be a great missinary. You have such faith. The language will come. I know your heart wishes you could have been here till Em baby was born. But the Lord will bless you. (the other comment was me it was twice)

Yvonne said...

Oh, I'm so excited to hear that you got your visas. Wow. Good luck.

I chuckled when I read the 50 pound limit on the bags--I can't even do 50 pounds on a two week trip--what would I do for two years!!!!!

I can only imagine how difficult it is to leave (especially with a little one on the way) but you have to know that you are setting such a great example for your wonderful grandchildren (and your children)

Safe travels.