Saturday, November 1, 2008

Really, really, official




On Wednesday we went to the MTC to be set apart. We arrived around 8:30 and met with Pres. Madsen(1st counselor in the MTC presidency). We visited for a little while and found out that he served his mission in France, in the Biarritz area, and later served as a mission president in the Paris mission. His french was great(according to DH and Yoho). He said that when he was a young missionary there was not a single chapel in France. When he became Pres., the country was dotted with chapels. Now there are about 9 stakes. Still not very many for a country, but pretty good for France. We'll have to see if we can do something about raising those numbers.:)
Then he gave both me and DH a great blessing. Some of the things he blessed us with was to have the Spirit guide us, to be good companions to each other, that our children would be blessed because of our going, and some other very awesome things. It was a very, very wonderful experience. We all felt the spirit very strongly and hope that we will be good missionaries.

6 comments:

txmommy said...

you'll be such cute little missionaries. That's a good picture of all of you. I can't wait to read all about it!

Love you

nikko said...

Congratulations! You are really official now. I can't wait to hear all about your experiences!

Robin said...

I know you guys will be great... I love you and miss you tons. I have Amys kids this week..bummer I wanted to see you before you left.

One For All said...

You guys will be awesome! You will be in my prayers!
Charmela

** Dre and Yoho ** said...

will be great missionaries!! We miss u and love you!!

The Wendler Family said...

I just love you both! You will be wonderful missionaries, I have no doubt. I'll be praying for you, which will help. I look forward to hearing updates here on the blog. You two have made it so far being marriage companions, so I'm sure being missionary companions will work out great! :)