Friday, December 17, 2010

Mountain View Hospital

Well, the internet just works sporadically and is working at the moment so I'm taking the opportunity to write a little.
Wednesday evening my stomach began hurting and I felt really tired, so I was going to just go to bed.  Just as I was getting ready to get into bed we got a phone call to come and babysit Val's kids while they took Tanner to the ER.  He had horrible pains in his stomach and was writhing around on the floor.  Val had called a friend of hers who is a paramedic and she checked his vitals which were ok, but after she saw him having an attack of pain, she said that if it were her child she would take him to the ER.  We hurried right over.  As we were waiting for them to come back my stomach ache got worse and worse and I had really horrible pains in my chest.  It was really bad burning from the stomach all the way to the throat and radiating outwards.  It seemed to get worse and worse as the time passed.  Tanner came back with a diagnosis of maybe gastroenteritis or a gas bubble or maybe a kidney stone.  Anyway he was luckily better, but I was much worse.   I thought I probably had reflux, but I have read so many things about women's heart attack symptoms that I thought I better go to the ER myself.  Later I was happy that we went because I got worse and worse.  I felt like my chest was on fire.  The pain was excruciating and I have a high pain tolerance.  They took me immediately and did lots of testing; EKG, Xrays, blood work, etc.  At the ER room I vomited a huge amount of black vomitus which was blood.  Sorry for TMI.  They finally decided that I had a severe case of Acid Reflux and probably an ulcer.  I have to go back later for a colonoscopy, and endoscopy, and a angioplasty.  Anyway they admitted me into the hospital where I had a miserable night and day.  My pain was finally under control by yesterday afternoon, but I was still pretty sick all day.  Today I am just resting at home and feeling soooo much better.  I do not want an experience like that again.  I must say that everyone was super nice to me in the hospital.  In the ER I had a Dr. and 3 nurses giving me full attention the whole time and after they moved me into a room I had 2 sets of wonderful nurses and nurses aides.  They were attentive, kind, and oh so nice.  My family is always so supportive too.  I am blessed to have a great husband and wonderful children who care about me and show their love to me.

7 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

So Sorry you are feeling so badly. Hopefully they will get it figured out and you can feel better quickly- you have had a rough time of it health wise for the past while-

The Wendler Family said...

Oh my word I am so glad you are feeling better!! I am so sorry that had to happen to you. :(

nikko said...

:( It is no fun to be sick. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Anna said...

Too much stress. Come to Cali...:)

Connie said...

Natalie,
I'm so sorry to hear how sick you were! That is too scary but I'm glad you made the trip to the ER. That place was busy with your family!

Take care. Maybe what you need is a night out with friends!

Yvonne said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, but I'm glad you are feeling better.

I agree with Connie--a night out with friends sounds like the perfect treatment ; )

Please keep us informed.

Jay said...

I hope you are feeling better very soon!