Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday Night Surprise

Oh my goodness, we were so surprised , well kinda surprised that Emily and Jose got engaged.  Emily and Jose have know each other for about 4 years and have been friends all that time.  They have been dating for quite some time too.  Jose drove up to Utah from California for Natalia's 2nd birthday party.  He hung out with us and we had a very pleasant time together.  The party was lots of fun, but I will post about that later.  Sunday he attended church with us and then Sunday afternoon we all went to Val's for dinner.  After dinner we went to the Correa's for Ruben's birthday and Emily and Jose went out for a little while.  Before we all went to our various destinations, Jose talked to John and asked him if he could marry Emily.  Much later after we were all home, they came in and announced that they had gotten engaged and will be getting married.  Now I was just speechless.  I  knew that they really cared about each other and in fact I knew that they loved each other.  I even that Jose had talked to John.  I was just so surprised that it took place that evening.  They do not want a long engagement and are wanting to marry in February, if Em can get time off from work.  She has a week break from school after her final on the 13 of Feb.  That sure doesn't give us much time to plan a wedding.  I guess I will know within the next few days when, what, where, etc.
Meanwhile my head is spinning trying to remember all that has to be done to plan a wedding.  Good thing I've got lots of great helpers.  The picture of them above was taken by me from a sitting position and is not a very good picture (neither the lighting nor the angle), but it's the only one I have of the 2 of them.  I will try to get better pictures better.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

How fun--CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM.

Surprises like that are wonderful. I bet your head is spinning, but it will all come together. ENJOY.

Connie said...

How exciting! You sure haven't been bored since coming home, have you? Busy times ahead. I'm here to help! Let me know what I can do!

nikko said...

Congratulations!!

Tori said...

So happy for them and for you!

I have a good life said...

Congratulations! Wish my wedding could come that quickly!