Thursday, December 9, 2010

Visiting old friends


Our internet has been down for a week.  So frustrating!  And I have so many things to catch up on.  Ugh.
When we went to California, I got go see some of my great friends.  We stayed with my BFF Daisy.    She and I have the best time together.  Even if we don't do anything, we just love to be together.  Daisy is the R. S. President in her ward and every 3 months they have a birthday breakfast for those sisters who have had a birthday.  The first morning we were there was the morning of the breakfast and I got to visit with some of my friends.    It was so good to see them after a long time apart.  We had a lot of things to catch up on.


 Sadly,  when Sister Lewis left, she stepped on a rock, fell down and broke her foot.  Poor thing!  I felt really bad when I found out.

 A few days later we met at the restaurant to have a little (3 hour) lunch.  It was sooooo much fun to talk and laugh and reminisce and we all had the best time.  It's a little hard when you move away and don't see your friends, but I'm doing well.  We are where we need to be.  
 Adam and his cute wife came.  Adam was a young missionary who served in our ward.  After his mission he came back to our city live.  He dated, got married, had children, finished school and has done everything right.  We love him and it was fun that he came to hang out with all the "girls".


I am so happy to have spent a wonderful time with our daughter and friends.  It was just too bad that the time passed so quickly.  Time just goes by too fast when you're having fun.

4 comments:

nikko said...

How fun that I recognize so many of these faces now. I'm so glad you got to visit old friends!

Connie said...

That is so sad about Sister Lewis! How fun that you were able to meet up with old friends and family!
I'm sure they were just as thrilled to see you as you were to see them!

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you got to meet up with friends--always so great. I bet it's like you were with them yesterday. (Sorry about Sister Lewis)

Sister Dustin said...

How very fun. Nice to see old friends. Maybe some are new since me. Or maybe some I know and just don't recognize.