Sunday, November 14, 2010

Achievement Day Program and Meeting Connie


I don't know where the time goes.  Ever since we got back I have been busy every day.  We are doing lots of babysitting for 2 of our darling grand babies, having FHE together with family, visiting, talking, shopping, going places, and I keeping busy every single moment as well as looking for a place to settle down.  It has been really difficult to decide where to settle down, California or Utah.  I love California, but I think we can do the most good here in Utah for the time being.  So, Utah it is.  Now comes the hard part of buying a home. 

Last Sunday Val's girl's had a talent night.  Each of the girls got to share a talent and each girl also got to display a table of things they have made, accomplished, got awards for, etc.  The decorations had lots of snowflakes and the girls were compared to the snowflakes.  Each one is different, but each one is beautiful in it's own way and together was a lovely display they make.   Two of my sweet granddaughters participated.  The program was very, very nice and I really enjoyed seeing M and J girls do their dances.  They have become quite good at their talent. 






Wednesday evening we were lucky enough to get to go out to dinner with Connie and her husband.  This was such a fun evening for me.  I have been so excited to meet Connie, my bloggy friend, and she exceeded my every expectation.  Connie and Andy are both such wonderful people.  They are a very good looking couple, as you can see.  We had such a great time together.  Connie is even more lovely in real life.  She is smart and bubbly and oh so much fun.  It felt like we have been friends forever and I know that now we will be friends forever.  She and Andy were both soooooooooooo nice and friendly.  They were great conversationalist and we never ran out of things to talk about.  I think we could have talked all night.    I look forward to spending more time with them. 


3 comments:

Connie said...

So glad you're back and we could spend some time with you. You're very kind to say those things about us, even if they are true! :-)
I'm sure your grandkids love having you home! Isn't it great to be able to attend their programs and activities?
Take care and good luck finding a home.
I think we should schedule a time to play after the holidays when things slow down a bit!

Yvonne said...

Looks like you are having such a great time. So wonderful to be able to spend time with children and grandchildren. I know you are enjoying each and every minute.

How fun that you got to meet Connie. (I'm hoping I get a chance to meet her, too) Will be looking forward to when I get a chance to meet you.

Good luck with buying a home.

Nancy Face said...

Oh, so fun, meeting cute Connie! :)

The Activity Day Girls' program sounds just wonderful! I was released this summer from Activity Days leader after serving in that calling for a year and a half. We had lots of fun, but none of our activities were as awesome as that one! Now I'm the counselor over Mia Maids, and I love it SO MUCH! :)