Then Elder Dorhman sang How Great Thou Art. He also sang Come thou font of every blessing with Elder Anderson on the guitar. One of our young adults played the flute with Elder R accompanying her. Soeur Curran sang a few songs, one of which was His Hands. She has a very beautiful voice. All in all the concert was just great. I never cease to be amazed at the talents that so many of our missionaries have. Their talents are not small either, but huge. The Lord does have some of His best young people out serving missions.
Of course when the concert was over we all had some fun chatting and picture taking.
I can't believe that in 2 months our mission will be over. It has been wonderful to work with the young people. It has been super working with the missionaries.
Unfortunately there will not be another senior couple coming to take our place, at least for the time being. There is just noone available at this time. We had a very long meeting with the Shumways who are the European Area couple in charge of the Centers for Young Adults. They came with another couple who will be working with the Centers also. There will now be several couples who will be overseeing the different Centers in different parts of Europe. The work has expanded and grown so much that there is now need for more personnel. Anyway, the area authorities have been so pleased with our center and the way it has been established and how it has grown and how it functions that they wanted to talk to us about it. They took so many notes on what we said. I had originally thought they were coming for a visit and maybe to give us more information, but it turned out they wanted to know from us what made our Center so successful.
We have also had a meeting with the Stake President and the Mission President. They have told us that they will be looking for 3 local couples to take over the running of the Lille Center.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are feeling better.
Two months left brought a tear to my eye--I know how much you have enjoyed this experience. You have been such an inspiration to me--I am so looking forward to when l we are able to go on our mission.
You have done such an amazing job. It is obvious that you both have made such an impact. I bet everyone IS taking notes.
Post a Comment