Sunday, July 31, 2011

Maryland Crab and other activities

 We have been so busy with lots of activities.  We've gone shopping because Brother needed new cleats and then new regular shoes and church shoes.  We also needed groceries.  We've played games.  I taught  everyone how to play Loup Garrou, Phase 10 and Skip Bo.  The kids surprised me by how quickly they caught on.  We have watched 4 movies; Rango, a cartoon for kids which I only half watched  because I was reading a book and Red Riding Hood, which everyone except me liked.  I don't like scary movies and although this one wasn't too scary I still had a nightmare that night.  And, I only half watched it too.  Still reading my book The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder by Rebecca Wells.   Then we went to the movies and saw Cowboys and Aliens, which everyone liked and I thought was just OK.  Finally, we saw The Princess and the Frog which I thought was really cute and really liked the music, but I did fall asleep during some of it.  I haven't been a very good movie watcher lately and I usually love to watch movies.
We've been to get frozen yogurt and ice cream.  We've cooked yummy dinners together.  Last night we had Bee Bim Bop, a Korean dish.  First G read the cute book to us and then we got the recipe, shopped for ingredients and then cooked and ate the meal.  Yesterday John and I made our signature Beef Strogonoff which I put finishing touches on today and everyone enjoyed eating it tonight.
I got to help H finish off her requirements for her Faith in God award.


 Friday for lunch we went and ate Maryland Blue Crab.  I think it's just delicious.  We had this huge plate full of crab and we had enough left over that I got to have some for lunch on Saturday.
Today at church John and I spoke to the young men and young women about our missionary experiences.  I think they enjoyed it because some of them came and told me afterwards and I could see lots of smiles on their faces while we were giving the talks.  The Bishop and Stake President both came and told us that the things we said were just the things that the youth of the ward needed to hear.  I don't usually like to give talks and I always stress, but it's fun to talk about our mission.  We have so many wonderful, fond memories of our mission, the young adults that we worked with, the young missionaries that we worked with, the people we came to love, the gospel that we loved teaching.  Really we loved everything about our mission.
Tonight Lana invited quite a few families over for ice cream sundaes and spending time together after dinner.  I think there were about 6 families who came over.  The kids ran around, played outside and inside, laughed, ate, wrestled, chased each other and just had a great time.  The adults also enjoyed talking and we really enjoyed meeting Lana and Rob's friends.
Our time here is passing too quickly. We are enjoying being with Lana and Rob and their sweet children.  We are loving the area and the people have been so welcoming and nice.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I feel so fortunate to know you and to have read about your experiences throughout your mission. They were always so uplifting and inspiring. You and your husband are incredible people. I am sure the young people LOVED hearing you speak.

So glad you are having such a wonderful time.

That picture of the crab looks unbelievable--WOW.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

That is a lot of crab!