Saturday, July 2, 2011

Iron Man

 A few weeks ago my son A did the Iron Man.  He trained sooooooo hard.  He completed it in 5 hrs 27 mins.  I think he is awesome.  His goal was to finish in 7 hours and he beat his own goal.  He said that out of all of his friends that participated and trained with him his time was the best.  AND he was the oldest of the group.  The Iron Man starts out with a 1.2 mile swim which he did in 37 mins.
Then comes the bike which is 56 miles.  He completed that in 2 hrs 46 mins.  Finally the 13.1 mile run.  He finished that in 54 minutes.  WOW!  I am soooooooo impressed. Way to go A!  
When we were visiting him in May he was out training when we arrived.  It was pouring hard rain and very, very windy.  He did the swim in the rain and the bike too.  By the time he got home, his hands and body were just shaking even though K picked him up and they drove in the car for 15 mins with the heater blasting.  He did his run on the treadmill at home and by the time he was done with that, he was hot.  I  didn't know that the training was so intense.  

4 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

It certainly takes more dedication and determination than most people have- good for him!

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness--WOW!!! I am VERY IMPRESSED.

Congratulations to him. What a great accomplishment.

Connie said...

I can't even imagine doing an Iron Man. Not only because of the extreme work it would be, but I'm afraid of water!
He done good!

The Texas Bakers said...

That is very impressive!!