Monday, February 7, 2011

A Whirlwind of Activities

I have been sooooo busy.  Something is going on with my computer skills and I can't seem to find the photos that I want to download.  I decided to go ahead and write anyway.

We have been busy getting ready for Emily's wedding.  The dress is here and waiting for me to make the shoulder straps and to alter it and hem it.  I am stressing.  I hope I can do it so that it looks beautiful.  We found, ordered and sent out the invitations.  We are trying to get everything arranged for the wedding.  It's difficult to do this long distance because we can't even buy everything here because we would have to take it with us.  Our car is just too small.  We have ordered lots of stuff and her fiancee has done a lot of legwork and ordering of things, etc.  It is a bit stressful.  I want it to be so nice for them.

I made Natalia's flower girl dress.  It turned out so cute, I think.  I will try to post a picture of it soon.

We, Andrea, Val, and I, gave Emily  a bridal shower.  It turned out so well.  I was so happy that everyone came.  We used her colors of bright pink and lime green to decorate and everything looked so pretty.  We played some fun games, talked, and ate yummy food.  She opened the most wonderful gifts and I'm quite sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

Andrea and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden in American Fork to meet JaNee's Grandmother, Step-mom, and her Mom.  We had previously met JaNee's Mom.  We had such a pleasant evening getting to know each other and planning the shower and rehersal dinner.  JaNee has such a nice family.  They all get along so well and I liked them very much.

We have been taking care of adorable Natalia and Reggie.  I stayed home from church last week to be with Jordyn who was having a sleep over with us Saturday night and got sick with a high fever.  I gave her meds, but by morning she was much worse and I offered to stay with her since Val is in the Primary presidency and they needed her.

Spencer and I had our date night.  I have been taking Valerie's children one at a time on a date with Grandma.  Spencer and I went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant and then we went to the dollar store where he got to choose a couple of gifts.  It took him a long time to pick out just the right things.   He finally chose a teeny, tiny travel toothbrush and a purple beanie.  That beanie was the last thing he spotted and "it spoke to him".  He loved it immediately.  We sure loved our date.  Mackenzie's date was a trip to the beauty shop to get glitter nails.  Jordyn and I also ate chinese food and went to the dollar store and then we delivered some surprise "Santa gifts" that the Relief Society President of their ward was collecting for needy families.  I love spending time with my grandchildren.  They never run out of things to talk about and we just really, thoroughly enjoy our time together.  Now my next date will be with Tanner.

I have been going to a chiropractor 3 times a week because my back is sooooo bad.  In fact I have 3 very badly compressed disks and 2 others that are tipping forward.  I have been sufering quite a bit with my back, but now after 5 weeks of treatment I am feeling a lot better. I can even get out of bed without cringing with pain.   I love Dr. Cook.  He is so kind and I think he is a great dr.  Besides adjustments I also have therapy with an electric machine.  At home I ice my back 3 times  day and do stretching and strengthening exercises.

In addition to everything else, we have been house hunting.  We are living with Andrea and Yoho.  Emily and her baby live here too.  We are all in the apt together.  We started out staying with Valerie, but because we are babysitting the little ones, it's just easier to already be here together.  I think it's very generous and very nice of them to want us to be with them.

Well there is so much more to say and we have had so many more activities, but this post is already way too long.  I hope I can learn how to retrieve my photos soon.

 

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

A whirlwind is right--my goodness you are BUSY. But except for the back, it sounds like fun busy. (I'm so sorry about your back, that sounds so painful) Take care of yourself--I'm glad you get relief when you go to the chiropractor.

I'm glad all the wedding plans are coming together. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Enjoy it all.

You are such a fabulous grandma. Doing one on one dates sounds like so much fun.

Good luck with the house hunting.