Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wedding Plans



We have been in California since last Wednesday.  We drove down with Emily and Natalia and have been sooooooo busy ever since.  We are running around shopping for decorations, planning, buying last minute things (lots of things), planning her shower, working on her gown, etc. etc. etc.  It's a lot of work, but we are having a really fun time doing it and being together.  We are really enjoying each others company.  Emily and Jose went and got their marriage license and did plenty of shopping too.  It's so much more difficult when you have to do things last minute.  I hope everything will turn out well.

This is not her dress, but one of the ones she liked.  Isn't she sooooooo beautiful?  We are getting to know Jose more and more and we like him so much.  He is calm and very, very nice.  He is a super hard worker.  It's very obvious that he loves Em and Tal very much and Tal seems to really, like him too.  Wow, on Valentines Day he totally spoiled both of them.  He showered them with gifts and even made chocolate covered strawberries which we all enjoyed.  I told him that now I will have a great helper in the kitchen for special occasions.  He said that will be great.  Ha.

Today is Emily's 22nd birthday.  I can't believe my little baby is already all grown up and ready to be on her own.  Time does pass quickly.  Happy Birthday Em.  Hope you have a wonderful day and beautiful, wonderful wedding.  We are taking her out to a Peruvian restaurant today.  Should be fun to eat food from her birth country.

We have been staying with my bestest friend Daisy.  She started getting sick on Saturday.  Sunday she was still sick and in fact is still home from work.  She finally went to the Dr. yesterday and got some meds.  Well I unexpectedly got to teach her Primary class.  She has recently been released for being R.S. President a few weeks ago.  Those 7 year olds were so cute and it was a lot of fun to teach them.  I loved it.

David Duke our good friend from Texas came over for turkey dinner Sunday.  It was great to see him and to spend some time together.  He is here for a month for his work on the JSF program.  David is an engineer for Lockheed and has to come here from time to time.  He is the most wonderful guy.  You could not find a nicer guy anywhere.  He is also so smart and so much fun to talk to.  For my lesson I needed to invite someone to talk to the children and to tell them their testimony and all about how they have faith in Jesus Christ.  I asked David at the very last moment because that was when I found out and he immediately said yes.  He came in and did such a good job with the kids.  I sure did appreciate it too because it set a great tone for the rest of the lesson.  It's awesome to have good friends.

Well, I'm off to do more wedding stuff.  I am doing the gown today; shoulder straps, hem, etc.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy.

She looks beautiful and so happy.

Happy Birthday, Emily.

Enjoy all of your running around. I hope everything goes well.

Connie said...

She is gorgeous! I'm glad you're getting to know her soon-to-be husband better and that you like him.
So many things to do to get ready for a wedding. Have fun, don't get too stressed and keep your back healthy!

Dani said...

I'm pretty sure she's 22, not 23 :) but youre the mom, so I guess can change it if you want