Monday, February 28, 2011

The Secret

I was reading my friend, Connie's, blog (from I Started Out As A Child) and then I copied her photo from her tree in her yard.  Hope you don't mind Connie.  
It reminded me of a poem that I had my classroom children learn when I taught 4th grade.  I always really liked this poem and they did too.
I hope you will enjoy reading it.

The Secret            Anonymous

We had a secret, just we three,
The robin, and I, and the sweet cherry tree;
The bird told the tree, and the tree told me,
And nobody knows it but just us three.

But of course the robin nows it best,
Because she built the----I shan't tell the rest;
And laid the four little----something in it--
I'm afraid I shall tell it any minute.

But if the tree and the robin don't peep,
I'll try my best the secret to keep'
Though I know when the little birds fly about
Then the whole secret will be out.

I know, I know 2 posts within a matter of hours.  How did that happen?  I'm hoping to do better on  my blogging.  

No comments: