Sunday, January 16, 2011

Missionary Dinner/ Connie and Yvonne


 I am going to try to catch up on some of the events that have been taking place recently in my life.  John and I are very busy babysitting almost every day.  We are so happy to help, but it does reduce the amount of time we have to do other things.  I am going to try to be a good blogger again.  Anyway, on the 5th of Jan, we had a very fun dinner with our former missionaries.  Sister Kohler had recently returned and she called me so that we could get together.   Of course I was delighted and suggested that we invite the other returned missionaries too.  She put out an invite on facebook and we all met at Brick Oven Pizza right in the midst of BYU campus.  Oh my gosh,  it was so much fun to see all of the returned missionaries again.  One of the highlights of our mission was spending time with these wonderful young people.  It was great to catch up with the events of their lives.  They are just beginning on a great new journey in life and we are so happy to be a part of it.  

























On the 27th of Dec, I got to go out to lunch with two of my bloggy friends.  I had met lovely, fun Connie and her husband before and this time I got to meet Yvonne.  Yvonne was just as beautiful and delightful as I had imagined her to be.  We 3 had such a good time together.  It felt as if we had known each other and been friends for a long time.  We were all comfortable with one another and had so much to talk about.  These 2 women are so wonderful.  They are both great examples of what womanhood is all about.  I am going to try to follow their example.  I loved being and spending some time with each one of them.

It is so interesting how one can become friends by being in the blogging world.  I really didn't even know much about blogging until I was about to go on our mission.  One of my daughters is a great blogger and so I learned from her never imagining that I would make friends in this manner.  Lucky me to have 2 new, great friends.



3 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Pretty fun reunion for you and your mission children :) and how fun to meet up with bloggy friends and become friends in real life :) So glad for your family's miracle and can you imagine life with out the Priesthood? I shudder at the thought.

Have a happy week!

Connie said...

I'm the lucky one!
So glad John's feeling better.

What a wonderful group at the Brick Oven! I can only imagine how much those missionaries love you and John!

Nancy Face said...

How fun that you got together with your former missionaries!

I'm so happy you got to meet Yvonne and Connie!