Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Frontier

On the border between France and Spain is a place up the mt. which they call the Frontier.
The Fench side is called Hendaye and the Spanish side is called Irun. It is very beautiful there. When you drive up to the top of the mountain, you find lots of places to shop. One day we drove up there to replenish the staples; ham, cheese, and drinks. There are also places to eat and places to buy souvenirs. And yes, I did buy a few things while the men were shopping. Of course after they shopped and before we left for home, they had to stop and have a drink. I didn't shop too much though, because things are soooooo expensive over here. One side of the road is France and the other side is Spain. The people who work in the shops speak their own language of course and a little of the other one, enough to tell you the prices of things.









I just love the Basque signs everywhere.










2 comments:

Yvonne said...

It must be such a fascinating place to serve.

Connie said...

I love looking at your blog. I feel like I'm on a tour of the country! Beautiful place and beautifully pictures!
Thank you for sharing your mission with us!