Friday, July 24, 2009

10 things

A blog I read gave a challenge to walk around and take a picture of 10 things in 10 minutes that you like, where you are. These are the 10 things that I really like in our missionary apt. Dh is the love of my life. He is the greatest man.
I love the Savior and am so grateful for His great sacrifice in our behalf, so I really like these pictures hanging in our front room.
I love to chat with my family on Skype and I love to keep up on the blogs that I read. I also like plants and flowers, so I keep one right by my laptop.
I love my family and I love to look at their pictures, even though these pictures are not complete. Maybe some people will send me more pictures.:)
I love the scriptures and learn so much from them.
I love our missionaries. This is our first district along with a couple of extra pictures of people I love (children and grandchildren).
I love the temple. I love going there and I love working there. We have these pictures hanging up above our table.

I love fresh fruits and veggies. We bought these tuesday at the marche. This is what 20 euros will buy.
I really like the view out our back window. The flowers are so pretty although it was too dark when I took these pictures, so they didn't turn out well, but I didn't want to wait to post.
I also like the view out of our front window. All of the construction has come to an indefinite halt because they filled the land with landfill stuff and it is not good enough to build on.

Today Dh and I were talking about some historical figures. We talked about Genghis Khan who through his military genius conquered 2/3 of the known world in the 13th century. We talked of how centuries earlier Alexander the Great conquered vast empires before he died at the age of 33, again through sheer military genius. But, neither of these men conquered the most important enemy: the worldly man inside them. Proverbs16:32 says, "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city." David O McKay, a prophet of the Lord, has revealed this gold nugget of wisdom: "Spirituality is the consciousness of victory over self and of communion with the infinite." Most of us will take a lifetime of struggle to conquer our worldy selves. How great it will be when we do.

5 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

What do you know, I have white scriptures too! I got mine from my mother when I was a teenager. She was YW Pres at the time and she gave them to me at New Beginnings. My hubby gave me a new quad about 14 years ago- but I don't use them as often as my white set. They are my seminary scriptures and are stuffed full of extra memories.

Yvonne said...

Great list. I love it.

I'm looking forward to the day when I conquer my worldly self.

Connie said...

Natalie, thanks for stopping by. I have only a minute but will come back to check out more of your blog. Youre on a mission!!! That's so wonderful....one day. :)

I have a good life said...

What a great post. How fun to see a little of where you live. You are such an example to me. Thank-you for all your prayers. It means a lot.

Robin said...

10 things that is so neat. I love your post. It is inspiring to me. Makes me realize how very important to be thankful everyday of things that are around us.